Saturday, March 31, 2012

San Diego to LA drive

Yesterday I drove by myself from San Diego to LA - I had arrived on 3/30/12 in the morning to visit the Systems and ASIC group in Qualcomm - my new assignment! Lakshmi, Srini, Siddharth and Nandita (5 & 2) were on a weeklong trip to LA, for Srini's International Relations conference. Since I had not met Nandita yet, I decided to stay over in LA and visit them.

I left work at 5:30pm, and folks told it would take 4hrs being Friday evening. It took me 3, but what a drive. The Garmin did a good job of rerouting me immediately away from I-5 to DelMar, which turned out to be a pretty drive along the coast. I passed many coastal communities with fancy eating places, while watching a beautiful golden sunset over the Pacific. So gorgeous!

Cardiff by the Sea, Encinitas, Solano Beach, etc. I joined I-5 at Cannon, and kept a good clip, but soon got turned toward 73, a toll highway, that climbed up the San Joaquin hills above Irvine. I had never been on this side before. Views were stunning, and the traffic flowed LA style - 75 and above, relentless, pounding.

Lakshmi called to invite me to dinner in Culver City, at Annapurna (10200 Venice Blvd.Culver City, CA 90232). Her cousin, Archana was also there. I enjoyed a super hot, sizzling paneer burji dosa. http://www.annapurnacuisine.com/ The kids were tired after a long evening at Santa Monica Pier, and Sidhartha fell asleep within mins. Nandita continued to lick the raita off the plate! Cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment